Platelet Rich Plasma or PRP is a revolutionary new treatment that relieves pain by promoting long lasting healing of musculoskeletal conditions using the human body’s natural ability to heal itself. It is used for treatment for several orthopedic conditions such as muscle, ligament and tendon injuries, joint pain from arthritis, meniscal/labral tears, tendonitis, ligament sprains or tears, nerve inflammation and plantar fasciitis.
Platelets, along with red and white blood cells, are one of the solid components of blood and play an important role in forming blood clots. They also consist of proteins known as growth factors, which help with our body’s healing process. Plasma is the liquid part of the blood. It is mostly water, but also contains proteins and other nutrients. Platelet Rich Plasma or PRP, is a high concentration of platelets and plasma.
Providers at Regenerative Health & Wellness use PRP alone or in combination with other treatments to help musculoskeletal injuries and conditions heal more quickly and reduce pain and inflammation.
Hair Restoration with PRP
PRP injections can be effective in treating male/female pattern baldness, both in preventing hair loss and promoting new hair growth. PRP can also aid in the stimulation of hair growth after hair transplants.
- PRP treatment can help support wound healing in trauma and joint injury. The technique can address male/female pattern baldness, stimulate the growth of hair transplants, and enhance other cosmetic procedures.
- The results of PRP treatment are most noticeable after about six months for scalp treatment; patients may require additional treatments at the direction of their provider.
- Because the treatments use a patient’s own tissues, PRP injections are safe and can be administered alone or used in conjunction with other procedures.
Skin Rejuvenation with PRP
PRP injections are sometimes used as an anti-aging treatment.
- Increased collagen production
- Reduced fine lines and wrinkles
- Tighter, firmer skin
- Improved moisture retention
- Enhanced skin tone and texture
PRP for Vaginal Rejuvenation and Erectile Dysfunction
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Rejuvenation can transform the sex lives of men and women